Acorn BankFallbarrow Park
Average Rating: 4.8
< Swipe or press to view images >
Two Bedroom Holiday Lodge (With Hot Tub)
Acorn Bank is a modern lodge situated at Fallbarrow Park in an elevated position. It is ideal for either families or couples sleeping up to 4 people (plus an infant in travel cot).
The Lodge is bright and airy with full central heating and double glazing, offering a very comfortable stay all year round. Outside there is an extended private deck.
Dog friendly - 1 medium sized family dog accepted
- Spacious and bright open plan lounge and diner, semi divided from the kitchen.
- Two 2-seater leather sofas, coffee table & occasional table.
- Modern dining table with 4 chairs.
- 42” flat screen Smart TV and DVD player (Hire available from shop at reception).
- Well equipped fitted kitchen, with gas hob, electric oven, integrated fridge and freezer, slim dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster with ample cutlery and crockery plus plenty of generous storage space.
- There is a washing machine in the boiler cupboard.
- 2 Bedrooms with wall mounted tv and fitted wardrobes and drawers.
- Master bedroom has double bed with en-suite shower room, toilet and basin.
- Second bedroom is twin with narrow beds (2’ 6” wide).
- Family bathroom with full sized bath and over bath shower, vanity unit, toilet and shaving
- Large outside two-tier sun deck which wraps around the front and side, with a choice of outdoor seating areas.
- Private Jacuzzi hot tub on the upper deck outside the main patio doors.
- Barbeque: A slab or base is provided but please bring your own disposable barbeque.
Lodge located at L55. There are a significant number of steps to reach the lodge so it may not be suitable for the elderly or infirm. Lodge accommodation on the same ground floor level; One medium dog accepted; Deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated to side; Parking immediately below the lodge for 2 cars.
A travel cot will only fit to the side of the double bed in the master bedroom.
Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at Fallbarrow Park please click here.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: January 2015
Tuesday 5 September 2017
Fantastic stay - will be back!
Tuesday 29 August 2017
We totally loved our stay at Acorn Bank last week. The location is one that we have wanted to try for a number of years and we weren't disappointed. Best was that we could walk down to the lake in a minute, and walk into Bowness to wander round. We didn't use the car all weekend! We even went on a couple of lovely walks, one included the car ferry across Windermere which we didn't know existed! The lodge itself was elevated really well (shallow stairs meant you had to concentrate when walking up the stairs, but you soon got used to them!) so you didn't feel overlooked whatsoever, and the views were lovely. The hot tub was the deal clincher for the booking and we weren't disappointed as it was the perfect end to each day with tired feet from all that walking! (the Hot Tub wasn't working when we got there, but we worked it out, and called a very helpful man whose number we got from the lodges manual and even though he didn't look after that lodge any longer he was happy to talk us through it on a Friday evening - great service!). When we arrived it was so nice to have a VERY clean lodge waiting for us, and an extra special touch was the bottle or Prosecco waiting ready with a couple of wine glasses out - thank you! The lodge was immaculate and very well looked after - couldn't fault the cleanliness, and I am picky! Loved it - thank you so much for a fantastic break! Guest , Knutsford
Friday 11 August 2017
We had a wonderful restful break and would love to stay again. We can recommend kneeboarding and pony trekking as well as the local pubs and restaurants. Donna Kerr, Dartford
Acorn Bank, Fallbarrow
Monday 31 July 2017
Monday 24 July 2017
About Fallbarrow Park
Fallbarrow Park is located within a short 2 minute walk of the main centre of the Bowness on Windermere with it's many restaurants, pubs and attractions . This 5 star location, set on the eastern shore of Windermere enjoys a picturesque part woodland setting. Voted the best park in Cumbria it is a great place to stay and relax whilst having everything right on your doorstep.