Brightwater LodgeWhite Cross Bay
Average Rating: 4.4
SAVE – Book today and claim an immediate discount.Get Discount
Save £75 on all stays of 4 nights or more taken by January 12th 2018. Quote: BRIGHT75
< Swipe or press to view images >
Three Bedroom Holiday Lodge (with hot tub)
Brightwater Lodge is a modern, comfortable lodge situated in the Thirlmere area of White Cross Bay just a short distance from the lake and marina. It is centrally heated providing all year round comfort and is ideal for families and 2 couples. It will sleep up to 6 people although at the owners request a maximum of 4 adults can stay in this lodge* (with 2 children 12 years old and under sleeping in the bunk beds). An infant in a travel cot can also be accepted.
The well proportioned and spacious accommodation benefits from full central heating and double glazing to ensure a very comfortable stay all year round. Outside there is a deck to the front and side of the lodge where there is a private hot tub.
Dog friendly - up to 2 dogs accepted
- Bright and spacious open plan living area.
- Lounge area with a feature fire surround with electric fire.Two leather sofas (2 & 3 seater) plus a casual chair and wooden nest of tables.
- TV and DVD on glass corner unit. Separate dining area with full sized dining table and 6 chairs.
- Patio doors open onto the deck to the front of the lodge. The third bedroom (with bunk beds) is off the main lounge and dining area.
- Fully equipped Kitchen which includes a built in electric fan oven with gas hob, microwave and dishwasher.
- Free standing fridge/freezer plus kettle, toaster, cutlery and crockery with plenty of storage space.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in the boiler cupboard off the hallway.
- Three bedrooms - Master Bedroom with double bed, bedside units and dressing table along with a walk in wardrobe/dressing room.
- En-suite shower with toilet and basin.
- The second bedroom also has a double bed with bedside units and a wardrobe.
- The third small bedroom is off the dining area land has bunk beds (children under 12 only).
- All bedrooms have wall mounted TVs.
- Bathroom has a full sized jacuzzi bath, vanity unit and toilet (no shower)
- Outside deck - double patio doors lead from the main living area onto the front outside deck. To the side there is private, hot tub with a cantilever lifting cover.
Lodge located at Thirlmere 16 and is accessed by 5 steps and then all on the same ground floor level; Deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated to side; Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 2 cars.
A travel cot can be hired but will only fit in the walk wardrobe area off the master bedroom.
All guests staying at White Cross Bay have use of the onsite leisure facilities at a local charge. Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at White Cross Bay and a map of the lodge location please click here.
*Bookings taken after October 28th 2016
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: March 2015
Monday 4 September 2017
Friday 25 August 2017
Lovely lodge,very spacious with everything you could need, kitchen well equipped with everything you need for cooking, SHOWER great & bath towels enough for 6 guests, ideal to take your own for hot tub, short stroll to lake & clu house, , 10 mins car ride to ambleside & Bowness which both are very nice, only negative is to have a gazebo over hot tub for when it rains. Marc Johnson, Salford
lodge good site clean issue s with site food
Friday 18 August 2017
lodge and hot tub very good site very clean and secure ample parking.Kitchen items were plentiful, washer and dryer came in very useful as we did get some real lakes weather rain which did not keep us in.Although it is a dog friendly site there is only a beer garden at the pub on site where you can take dogs this area is totally uncovered making it useless in wet weather.Although i agree dogs should be allowed in pub also on site food left a lot to be desired not a major problem many fine eating places a short drive away some even deliver.In conclusion i would stay at brightwater lodge again. Trevor Jarvis, Sheffield
Bright water lodge
Friday 11 August 2017
Glass was left in the living area floor and my nephew cut his Gt Toe. DVD player not working in bunk bed room which was a shame. Nice log cabin and good location. Sonia Arkle, Northumberland
Monday 10 July 2017
This lodge was not my first choice, it was the only one available at the time with a hot tub. The layout and location seemed fine on paper, and it is in walking distance of the lake which is perfect for morning strolls. The lodges are placed very close together which I didn't like, we were in the middle of three rows which meant we could see into the lodge behind when in the hot tub. We were also spoken to by a "passer by" who asked us to keep the noise down in the hot tub, there was only 2 of us, and we were only talking quietly, the party behind us were making noise. We could also hear music from a party nearby. People could cut through to reach their lodge, encroaching on our privacy which I didn't like. This doesn't help when the lodges are too close. The bedrooms were adequate, and the larger bedroom has a "dressing room" which will fit a travel cot in. There is plenty of storage space in the 2 double bedrooms. The bedroom with the bunk beds isn't spacious and we found it difficult to work the blind, as its very close to the bed. The toilet brushes could do with replacing also. We noticed on arrival a funny smell, which came from the kitchen. We noticed that some oven trays had not been cleaned property and were just put back in the cupboard. I ended up cleaning some myself, and having to leaving one outside, as the smell was distracting. The cash machine in the Reception was empty. Overall the accommodation was ok, but would probably book something in another location of the park next time. Guest , Preston
About White Cross Bay
White Cross Bay is located between Windermere & Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere. It is one of the most popular holiday parks in the very heart of the Lake District and the great location makes it a convenient base for a self catering stay in the area.
The focal point is the lake front and marina with stunning views across to the surrounding fells and countryside. The park offers plenty to do with a large clubhouse which includes the bar, restaurant and leisure facilities (a £15 local charge applies to use the pool and gym).