Grandpa's LodgeWhite Cross Bay
Average Rating: 4.7
< Swipe or press to view images >
Two Bedroom Modern Holiday Lodge
Grandpa's Lodge is a spacious 2 bedroom individually designed lodge enjoying a lovely sunny aspect just a few hundred yards from Lake Windermere. It offers high specification accommodation so you can really enjoy a relaxing stay. The outside raised decking affords a view of the lake and is a delightful place to sit and take in the fresh air and views.
The owners have added many additional comforts which make staying at Grandpa's lodge a real home from home experience. The individual design means that all areas of the lodge are very much separate rooms.
Sorry, no pets
- Centrally heated and solid wood doors throughout.
- Entrance into the lounge through double patio doors to the front of the lodge.
- Spacious lounge with two 2 seater leather sofas. Feature electric fire.
- Wall mounted TV with Sky Sports & Entertainment Channels. Surround sound system for TV/DVD & Ipod. Blu- Ray player
- Separate dining area with table and 4 chairs. Cupboard off dining area with washer/dryer.
- Fitted kitchen with granite worktops. 4 ring gas hob with electric oven. Integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher. Microwave, Tassimo coffee machine.
- Plenty of storage.
- Master bedroom with mirrored wardrobe, bedside drawers, wall mounted TV. Door out to patio.
- Ensuite shower room with corner shower cubicle and multi jet shower, hand basin and WC.
- Second bedroom with full sized twin beds, bedside table and mirror fronted wardrobe. Wall mounted TV.
- Family bathroom with over bath shower and screen, hand basin and WC.
- Decking to 2 sides. Front deck is raised affording a view towards the lake. Rattan patio furniture.
Lodge located at Bowness 72. Accessed by 3 stone steps to a small flagged area and then a further 5 wooden steps to the decking. Accommodation is then all on the same ground floor level; Deck is raised with one step up and fully enclosed, secure and gated to side; Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 1 car.
All guests staying at White Cross Bay have use of the onsite leisure facilities at a local charge. Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at White Cross Bay and a map of the lodge location please click here.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: February 2016
Enjoyable stay with family at Grandpa's and Fir Tree Lodges
Monday 24 July 2017
Simply The Best
Friday 21 July 2017
Friday 23 June 2017
The lodge was modern and clean, it had everything you needed even washing up licquid which is unusual. You can see the lake from the balcony, unfortunately it was raining most of the time we were there. There is only one negative comment I can make, and that is the mattress which gave me a bad back. Overall we had a lovely time. Elaine Plunkett, Middlesborough
Fantastic Lodge, great suntrap!
Monday 12 June 2017
Stayed on White Cross Bay a few times now and this lodge is my favourite of the ones Ive stayed in. Well equipped, clean and great position in the park. The large outdoor area was a great suntrap, getting the sun late into the evening! Will happily return to this lodge in the future. Chris Oldham, Ashton Under Lyne
Grandpas lodge- Windermere
Monday 5 June 2017
About White Cross Bay
White Cross Bay is located between Windermere & Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere. It is one of the most popular holiday parks in the very heart of the Lake District and the great location makes it a convenient base for a self catering stay in the area.
The focal point is the lake front and marina with stunning views across to the surrounding fells and countryside. The park offers plenty to do with a large clubhouse which includes the bar, restaurant and leisure facilities (a £15 local charge applies to use the pool and gym).