Grandpa's LodgeWhite Cross Bay
Average Rating: 4.7
< Swipe or press to view images >
Two Bedroom Modern Holiday Lodge
Grandpa's Lodge is a spacious 2 bedroom individually designed lodge enjoying a lovely sunny aspect just a few hundred yards from Lake Windermere. It offers high specification accommodation so you can really enjoy a relaxing stay. The outside raised decking affords a view of the lake and is a delightful place to sit and take in the fresh air and views.
The owners have added many additional comforts which make staying at Grandpa's lodge a real home from home experience. The individual design means that all areas of the lodge are very much separate rooms.
Sorry, no pets
- Centrally heated and solid wood doors throughout.
- Entrance into the lounge through double patio doors to the front of the lodge.
- Spacious lounge with two 2 seater leather sofas. Feature electric fire.
- Wall mounted TV with Sky Sports & Entertainment Channels. Surround sound system for TV/DVD & Ipod. Blu- Ray player
- Separate dining area with table and 4 chairs. Cupboard off dining area with washer/dryer.
- Fitted kitchen with granite worktops. 4 ring gas hob with electric oven. Integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher. Microwave, Tassimo coffee machine.
- Plenty of storage.
- Master bedroom with mirrored wardrobe, bedside drawers, wall mounted TV. Door out to patio.
- Ensuite shower room with corner shower cubicle and multi jet shower, hand basin and WC.
- Second bedroom with full sized twin beds, bedside table and mirror fronted wardrobe. Wall mounted TV.
- Family bathroom with over bath shower and screen, hand basin and WC.
- Decking to 2 sides. Front deck is raised affording a view towards the lake. Rattan patio furniture.
Lodge located at Bowness 72. Accessed by 3 stone steps to a small flagged area and then a further 5 wooden steps to the decking. Accommodation is then all on the same ground floor level; Deck is raised with one step up and fully enclosed, secure and gated to side; Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 1 car.
All guests staying at White Cross Bay have use of the onsite leisure facilities at a local charge. Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at White Cross Bay and a map of the lodge location please click here.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: February 2016
An excellent lodge
Friday 10 November 2017
Fabulous Week in the Lakes
Friday 27 October 2017
A fabulous holiday in the Lake District. Stayed at White Cross Bay several times before but previously in a caravan. Pushed the boat out for a lodge this time and so glad we did. Read reviews who recommended getting a private hire lodge so booked with Lake District Lodge holidays. Again very glad we did. Easy to book, very accurate and detailed descriptions meant we knew exactly what we were going to get and it did not disappoint. Customer service while we were there was also very good. Would certainly book again. David Gardiner, Motherwell
Saturday 7 October 2017
Friday 8 September 2017
Loved our stay at Grandpa's Lodge in Whitecross Bay. From booking all the way through to checking out all communication via Lake District Lodge Holidays was clear and very well organised. We stayed at Whitecross Bay before so know the site. The lodge was in a great position close to the waterside and has a lovely private deck. Pool facilities are great and bar/restaurant has been revamped since our previous visit. Lovely staff onsite and thoroughly recommend Lake District Lodge Holidays. We would definitely use them again. Stephanie Sorvel, Widnes
Monday 28 August 2017
We stayed at Grandpa's lodge for 3 nights in August for a relaxing break with family. Grandpas lodge was very clean and had all the home comforts you could wish for, very much a home from home ideally located in a lovely setting. We had a wonderful break and if was lovely to come back to Grandpa's lodge on an evening. We will definitely look to return next year Claire Jensen, Tyne And Wear
About White Cross Bay
White Cross Bay is located between Windermere & Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere. It is one of the most popular holiday parks in the very heart of the Lake District and the great location makes it a convenient base for a self catering stay in the area.
The focal point is the lake front and marina with stunning views across to the surrounding fells and countryside. The park offers plenty to do with a large clubhouse which includes the bar, restaurant and leisure facilities (a £15 local charge applies to use the pool and gym).