Owls HouseWhite Cross Bay
Average Rating: 4.8
< Swipe or press to view images >
Two bedroom Modern Holiday Lodge (with Hot Tub)
Owls House is a modern contemporary style lodge situated in the Skiptory Howe area of White Cross Bay - a lovely location set above the trees. It is ideal for couples and families and sleeps up to 4 people.
The bright and well appointed accommodation has a lovely feel and benefits from full central heating and double glazing, ensuring a very comfortable stay whatever the weather. The outside deck to the side has a newly installed hot tub. On the other side of the lodge is a 'private' side deck.
Dog friendly - up to 2 small/medium sized family dogs welcome
- Spacious and bright open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area. Ceiling with built in lighting. Furniture includes a 2 seat leather/fabric sofa and 3 seat leather/fabric corner sofa.
- The dining area has a full length picture window with table and 4 chairs with a delightful outlook. For your entertainment there is a 40" wall mounted flat screen TV with integrated DVD player. Micro CD/Radio. iPod docking station.
- Open plan modern and well equipped fitted kitchen. Equipment includes: Gas hob, separate built in single electric oven and microwave. Under counter built in fridge and freezer, kettle and toaster, cutlery and crockery, plenty of generous storage space.
- The master bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables and built in wardrobe. Wall mounted TV with integrated DVD. The second bedroom has twin beds, wardrobe and bedside table.
- The shower room has a walk in shower with toilet and hand basin.
- Outside sun deck
- To the side of the lodge is a south facing deck with a private hot tub (screened off). There is rattan style patio furniture and a parasol. To the far side of the lodge (outside the main bedroom) is a small private side deck with patio set which is ideal for quiet moments and reading.
- A barbecue slab or rest will be provided please bring your own disposable bbq.
Lodge located at Skiptory Howe 14 at the top of a steep hill and accessed by 5 steps and then all on the same ground floor level; Deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated to side; Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All guests staying at White Cross Bay have use of the onsite leisure facilities at a local charge. Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at White Cross Bay and a map of the lodge location please click here.
From March 1st 2017 we apologise that the complimentary Bath Robes and Slippers, ‘Duck Island’ toiletries and speciality Twining's teas and Kenco coffee will no longer be provided.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: March 2014
Would stay again!
Monday 9 October 2017
Lovely little lodge in a lovey location, plenty of walking routes around and easy access to ferries across the lake :) enjoyed our stay, lodge was lovely and clean and well presented. The hot tub was amazing and definately a highlight! No issues at all :) easy to book, easy to access the lodge and plenty of instruction about checking out etc. Information also provided in the lodge about local walks, shops, pubs etc. Very helpful. Bethan Eynon, Scunthorpe
Friday 29 September 2017
Ideally placed for a dog friendly break in the Lake District
Sunday 24 September 2017
Owls House Review
Monday 11 September 2017
Beautiful lodge on a lovely park
Saturday 2 September 2017
About White Cross Bay
White Cross Bay is located between Windermere & Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere. It is one of the most popular holiday parks in the very heart of the Lake District and the great location makes it a convenient base for a self catering stay in the area.
The focal point is the lake front and marina with stunning views across to the surrounding fells and countryside. The park offers plenty to do with a large clubhouse which includes the bar, restaurant and leisure facilities (a £15 local charge applies to use the pool and gym).