Somerford LodgeWhite Cross Bay
Average Rating: 4.8
< Swipe or press to view images >
Spacious Two Bedroom Holiday Lodge (with hot tub)
Somerford Lodge is a spacious 2 bed self catering holiday lodge in a wooded cul-de-sac in the Langdale area of White Cross Bay. A short walk from the main clubhouse and lake, it will sleep up to 4 people comfortably (there is some room for a travel cot - in master bedroom with bed moved slightly). It is ideal for either families or couples.
Dog Friendly - 2 small dogs welcome
The well appointed Lodge has full central heating and double glazing ensuring a very comfortable stay all year round. Outside there is a large deck to the front and side with a sunken jacuzzi hot tub.
- Kitchen & Dining Area
- The fully equipped fitted kitchen is to the left hand side and is separated from the main living area. It has a breakfast bar with stools.
- Equipment includes integrated fridge, freezer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave and dishwasher. Slow cooker. Plenty of storage space with slide out pantry cupboard. Kettle, toaster, cutlery, utensils and crockery.
- The dining area has a square wooden dining table and 4 chairs.
- Lounge & Seating area:
- A very comfortable lounge with contemporary decor, a 2 and 3 seater leather sofa plus an armchair and coffee table.
- 5th generation iPod dock.
- Feature electric fire and wall mounted TV. Two sets of double bi-fold patio doors open out onto the large front sun deck.
- Two Bedrooms:
- The master bedroom has a king sized bed and fitted wardrobes, bedside tables, dressing table and mirror. Wall mounted TV with integrated DVD.
- Ensuite shower room which includes double width walk in shower, toilet, basin, vanity unit and fitted furniture. Radiator/towel rail.
- The second bedroom has standard sized twin beds and fitted wardrobes including over the beds and bedside table. Wall mounted TV with integrated DVD.
- Bathroom: The family bathroom has a full sized bath with over bath shower, toilet, sink, vanity unit with radiator/towel rail.
- Large outside sun deck:
- The double bi-fold patio doors lead from the main living area onto the front deck which runs round to the side of the lodge where the sunken jacuzzi hot tub is located.
- Patio furniture and chairs are provided for outdoor dining and relaxation.
- A barbecue stone or slab will be provided, please bring your own disposable barbecue.
Lodge located at Langdale 7 and accessed by 6 steps and then all on the same ground floor level; Deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated to side;
Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All guests staying at White Cross Bay have use of the onsite leisure facilities at a local charge. Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at White Cross Bay and a map of the lodge location please click here.
Fantastic holiday in the Lake District
Monday 20 November 2017
We stayed at Somerford Lodge for 4 nights in November. The lodge was exceptionally clean and modern with every need catered for. We loved the extra touches like blankets on the sofas for cosy nights, not that we really needed them as the lodge was so warm and snug. We made the most of the hot tub and went in in the evenings after our little boy had gone to bed. The location is perfect for exploring, we had great days out to Bowness, Windermere and Grasmere. Were already thinking of our next trip to the lodge as it really was a home from home. Jonathan Wright, Newcastle
Would come again
Friday 10 November 2017
THE BEST LODGE IVE STAYED AT IN A LONG TIME. JUST BEAUTIFUL
Monday 16 October 2017
Arrived at this lodge and was just Wow how nice and clean and professional. The layout of this lodge is stunning. Everything you need is there in the fully equipped fitted kitchen with integrated fridge & freezer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave and dishwasher, slow cooker, kettle toaster, cutlery, utensils and crockery. living room with a great layout with tv on wall. The bedrooms are Beautiful with master having ensuite shower room. Outside with Decking and not forgetting huge hot tub that was lush in the evenings. Barry Perryman, Plymouth
Lodge holiday was amazing we have already recomended it to all our friends and family lovely lodge x
Monday 25 September 2017
A home from home - just what you need on a UK break
Tuesday 1 August 2017
This was our 2nd year in a row staying at the Somerford Lodge, we loved it so much last year that we came back again for a week during this summer. The lodge is very comfortable and modern and if you are lucky like we were and get good weather the glass doors at the front fully open to make the outside wrap around deck become part of the inside. The hot tub made for very relaxing evenings after a fun filled day in the nearby lakeside towns. The site is very quiet but does have a really good restaurant and some entertainment. Our 11 year old son loved this holiday and there is something to do for everyone but coming home at the end of the day to the warm, cosy and welcoming lodge certainly made the holiday for me. I would highly recommend a stay at this lodge. Tammy Tinto, Coatbridge
About White Cross Bay
White Cross Bay is located between Windermere & Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere. It is one of the most popular holiday parks in the very heart of the Lake District and the great location makes it a convenient base for a self catering stay in the area.
The focal point is the lake front and marina with stunning views across to the surrounding fells and countryside. The park offers plenty to do with a large clubhouse which includes the bar, restaurant and leisure facilities (a £15 local charge applies to use the pool and gym).