Yew Tree LodgeWhite Cross Bay
Average Rating: 4.4
< Swipe or press to view images >
Three Bedroom Holiday Lodge (with outside Hot Tub)
Yew Tree is a modern style, comfortable and homely lodge, situated in the Skiptory Howe area of White Cross Bay. It is ideal for families or 2 couples and will sleep up to 6 people (maximum 4 adults).The 3rd bedroom only has smaller bunk beds suitable for children 12 years and under.
The lodge benefits from full central heating and double glazing to ensure a comfortable stay throughout the year. It also enjoys a great location within the park on the edge of the woodland. It is ideal for a Lakeland break and offers great value accommodation.
Pet Friendly – 2 dogs welcome!
- Centrally heated throughout.
- Open plan living and dining area with feature fireplace with an electric fire. Wall mounted TV (with a selection of Sky Channels through the park TV feed).
- 2 & 3 seater fabric sofas. Light wood dining table and 6 chairs.
- Separate fitted kitchen with built in electric oven and gas hob. Freestanding dishwasher, fridge/ freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster cutlery, crockery and storage space.
- Master bedroom has a double bed with built in wardrobes, bedside cabinets and wall mounted TV.
- The second bedroom also has a double bed, built in wardrobes, bedside cabinet and wall mounted TV.
- The third bedroom has small size bunk beds (5'9 x 2'6) which are only suitable for children under 12 years old.Wall mounted TV.
- A shower room serves all bedrooms and includes a shower cubicle, toilet, hand basin, towel rail and storage unit.
- Separate toilet with WC and hand basin.
- Externally there is a covered veranda and seating area.
- Raised side deck with patio furniture and a private hot tub located to the rear of the side deck.
The lodge is located in Skiptory Howe 41A and is accessed by 4 steep steps to the decking area and then all is on the same level. The decking areas are fully enclosed. Parking to the front of the lodge for two cars.
All guests staying at White Cross Bay have use of the onsite leisure facilities at a local charge. Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at White Cross Bay and a map of the lodge location please click here.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: February 2017
Excellent value for money, a fantastic family getaway
Monday 4 September 2017
Long weekend at Yew Tree
Monday 21 August 2017
The Park Dean site was surprisingly good, with great pool and restaurant and a lake front jetty. Yew Tree is in a good location with regards to amenities as it's very close, but it's also close to the road so traffic noise was an issue to us. The lodge is very nice overall but a few areas of improvement we felt are required. Towels and bedding have seen better days and smelt musty. Bathroom needs an overhaul, we showered at the pool instead. Outside area of lodge is lovely as is the hot tub. Place needed what I call and deep clean though throughout the interior. Overall we enjoyed our stay but wouldn't go backmanily due to traffic noise and cleanliness. Guest , Chester
Yew Tree Lodge
Monday 14 August 2017
We found the cabin clean, tidy and containing everything needed! The one thing I think needs updating is the shower room! It's too small for 6 people and the standard of decoration was poor! Apart from that everything was fine for a short break! Madeleine Middleton, Durham
Friday 21 July 2017
Spent 4 nights here in July 2017. Really enjoyed our stay and the cabin itself was really nice. The hot tub was great and inside it was comfortable. Loved the location of the cabin. The only downfall I could mention was that the outside decking could of done with a lick of paint but that wasn't a major issue and didn't affect our stay. Overall a great cabin and looking to stay again next year. Steven Gardner, Ashington
Our holiday away
Tuesday 4 July 2017
+ Well we were not disappointed when Yew Tree came into view, although other lodge's are close by Yew Tree feels secluded especially in the wonderful hot-tub. The lodge itself was comfortable and functional. The lodge is in an excellent location on the park been very close to the main complex. - We did however have some cleanliness issues in the bathroom (this did not distract from the wonderful holiday). The lodge would benefit from a BBQ or at least somewhere to stand one ( was a little jealous watching other lodges close by enjoying BBq's when we could not). Mark Hayward, Cleveland
About White Cross Bay
White Cross Bay is located between Windermere & Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere. It is one of the most popular holiday parks in the very heart of the Lake District and the great location makes it a convenient base for a self catering stay in the area.
The focal point is the lake front and marina with stunning views across to the surrounding fells and countryside. The park offers plenty to do with a large clubhouse which includes the bar, restaurant and leisure facilities (a £15 local charge applies to use the pool and gym).