Welcome to Ghyll, a beautiful two bedroom holiday lodge with hot tub
Ghyll is a modern and spacious lodge in the Grasmere area of White Cross Bay. It enjoys a quiet cul-de-sac location and is a short walk from the main clubhouse. This well appointed lodge is bright and airy with a pitched ceiling and skylights providing a comfortable welcome retreat. Outside there is a large deck with private hot tub – perfect to relax and unwind after a day exploring the fells and villages. Ghyll will comfortably sleep up to 5 guests. A popular lodge with guests returning year after year.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
- There is a spacious open plan living area with a 2 and 3 seater leather sofa plus armchair and coffee table
- Feature electric fire
- Wall mounted 40″ smart TV plus 5th generation iPod dock
- Off the lounge is the dining area with a large solid wood table and 2 bench seats
- The well equipped fitted kitchen is separated from the main living area by a small partition wall
- Equipment includes integrated dishwasher, microwave, full size fridge and freezer, 5 ring gas hob and electric oven, kettle and toaster, cutlery, utensils and crockery plus storage space
- The master bedroom has a super king size bed
- 2 bedside tables, dressing table with mirror and fitted wardrobes
- The ‘walk through’ wardrobe area leads to the en suite shower room with shower, toilet, basin, vanity unit and radiator/towel rail
- The second bedroom sleeps 3 guests – single bed and small double bed (4 feet 6 inch)
- TV with integrated DVD (for games and DVDs only)
- Excellent storage with a range of fitted cupboards over the beds
- Full size bath with shower, toilet, sink, vanity unit and radiator/towel rail
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Please bring your own DVDs
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the hot tub and/or leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 4 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Ghyll is accessed by 6 wooden steps up to the decking. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: There is a designated dog friendly area in the bar/restaurant.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for an additional £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the twin bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Patio doors lead from the main living area to a large deck which runs to the front and side of the lodge. The hot tub is tucked away to the side of the lodge. Patio furniture and chairs are provided for outdoor dining and relaxation.
Parking immediately to the front and side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines.
Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to. From our experience, it is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Ghyll Lodge has been rented through us since October 2014.
24th August 2020
This lodge was perfect for us with our dogs very clean everything you needed very roomy and very big balcony with hot tub and seating area. The site was excellent everything you needed and with the virus going on everything in place when you entered reception / restaurant pub very good food and service could even take our boxers in. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others
14th August 2020
The lodge is located in an amazing area with lots to do. We have 3 children and a dog and there was plenty of places to visit included places to eat. The lodge was immaculate! My children asked if they could just stay at the lodge and use the hot tub!!
31st July 2020
The lodge was nice and roomy, clean and comfortable but the soft furnishings, settees etc were tired and in need of replacement. Also the solid dining table and benches, although solid and attractive looking, were a bit too large for the space they were in. Also the verandah furniture was a bit past its best and the lack of cushions (removed due to Covid, but why?) made it unusable. Overall though, we had an enjoyable break.