< Swipe or press to view images >
Welcome to Ghyll, a beautiful two bedroom holiday lodge with hot tub
Ghyll is a modern and spacious lodge in the Grasmere area of White Cross Bay. It enjoys a quiet cul-de-sac location and is a short walk from the main clubhouse. This well appointed lodge is bright and airy with a pitched ceiling and skylights providing a comfortable welcome retreat. Outside there is a large deck with private hot tub – perfect to relax and unwind after a day exploring the fells and villages. Ghyll will comfortably sleep up to 5 guests. A popular lodge with guests returning year after year.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
- There is a spacious open plan living area with a 2 and 3 seater leather sofa plus armchair and coffee table
- Feature electric fire
- Wall mounted 40″ smart TV plus 5th generation iPod dock
- Off the lounge is the dining area with a large solid wood table and 2 bench seats
- The well equipped fitted kitchen is separated from the main living area by a small partition wall
- Equipment includes integrated dishwasher, microwave, full size fridge and freezer, 5 ring gas hob and electric oven, kettle and toaster, cutlery, utensils and crockery plus storage space
- The master bedroom has a super king size bed
- 2 bedside tables, dressing table with mirror and fitted wardrobes
- The ‘walk through’ wardrobe area leads to the en suite shower room with shower, toilet, basin, vanity unit and radiator/towel rail
- The second bedroom sleeps 3 guests – single bed and small double bed (4 feet 6 inch)
- TV with integrated DVD (for games and DVDs only)
- Excellent storage with a range of fitted cupboards over the beds
- Full size bath with shower, toilet, sink, vanity unit and radiator/towel rail
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Please bring your own DVDs
Key Information for your Stay
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the hot tub and/or leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Ghyll is accessed by 6 wooden steps up to the decking. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: Dogs are not allowed in the clubhouse at White Cross Bay. (They can be taken into the outdoor seating area).
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for an additional £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the twin bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Patio doors lead from the main living area to a large deck which runs to the front and side of the lodge. The hot tub is tucked away to the side of the lodge. Patio furniture and chairs are provided for outdoor dining and relaxation.
Parking immediately to the front and side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines.
Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to. From our experience, it is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Ghyll Lodge has been rented through us since October 2014.
Weekend family break
Review date: 17th September 2019
Review date: 06th September 2019
Lovely weekend at White Cross Bay
Review date: 02nd September 2019
Review date: 26th July 2019
Review date: 08th July 2019
Stayed Mon 27 to Fri 31 may
Review date: 07th June 2019
"Lovely relaxing lodge"
Review date: 03rd June 2019
Review date: 24th May 2019
Review date: 17th May 2019
Back again ,
Review date: 02nd May 2019
About White Cross Bay, Windermere
Stay in a lodge or log cabin at White Cross Bay. Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere it is one of the most popular park locations in the very heart of the Lake District.
For more detailed information about White Cross Bay, Windermere please Click here.