< Swipe or press to view images >
Welcome to Herdwick, a two bedroom lodge with superb uninterrupted views
Herdwick is a popular lodge located in the Kirkstone area of Limefitt Park. The lodge enjoys an envious position overlooking the playing field with stunning views of the of the surrounding fells and Troutbeck Valley. As the name suggests, you might even spot a Herdwick or two! It is ideal for families and couples sleeping up to 4 guests plus an infant in a travel cot. The lodge offers a cosy and comfortable base from which to explore the surrounding fells. The spacious deck provides a fantastic opportunity to simply relax and admire the picturesque surroundings. The idyllic location keeps guests returning year after year.
The lodge welcomes 1 dog.
- Cosy living room with L shaped leather sofa
- Electric feature fire
- Wall mounted 42″ flat screen TV with integrated DVD player plus a mini hi-fi system
- The dining and kitchen area is separated from the living room by an archway
- Superbly equipped and appointed fitted kitchen which includes a gas hob with electric oven, integrated fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine plus kettle, toaster, crockery and cutlery
- Dining table and 4 chairs
- The master bedroom has a double bed with fitted wardrobes and drawers
- Wall mounted TV with integrated DVD
- Walk-through wardrobe to the en suite shower room with toilet, basin and illuminated mirror
- The second bedroom has narrow single beds with fitted wardrobes and drawers
- The family bathroom has a full size spa bath with over bath shower, vanity unit and toilet
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Guests can hire a selection of DVDs from the shop at reception
Key Information for your Stay
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3pm and departure at 10am. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5pm on Sunday.
Herdwick is accessed by 4 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes 1 dog.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for an additional £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Patio doors lead from the main living area onto the large deck running to the front of the lodge. Rattan style patio furniture and chairs are provided allowing guests to enjoy the impressive view.
Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite). For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Free WiFi is provided by the park operators. Please ask/register at reception upon check-in.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Herdwick Lodge has been rented through us since August 2014.
Holiday short break
Review date: 05th July 2019
Clean and comfortable lodge
Review date: 21st June 2019
Weekend for sons birthday
Review date: 02nd June 2019
Review date: 10th May 2019
Relaxing stay at Herdwick Lodge.
Review date: 19th April 2019
Another great stay
Review date: 01st April 2019
Review date: 04th March 2019
Review date: 12th November 2018
Review date: 08th October 2018
Lovely lodge in a great location
Review date: 29th September 2018
About Limefitt Park, Windermere
For more detailed information about Limefitt Park, Windermere please Click here.