< Swipe or press to view images >
Welcome to Megala, a delightful three bedroom holiday lodge with hot tub and far reaching views
This beautiful, modern and spacious lodge is located in an elevated position in the Ambleside area of White Cross Bay. It enjoys views of the lake and mountains beyond. There is also the added bonus of a hot tub, complete with views – great to relax in after a day exploring the local villages and fells. Megala is well equipped with everything you will need for a comfortable stay. A great choice for an unforgettable holiday.
We regret we are unable to accept groups of adults under 25 years old or any pets at Megala.
Please note: A refundable £100 security deposit is required for all stays at Megala Lodge. This is payable with your balance and refunded within 7 days of departure if not called upon.
- There is a bright and spacious open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area
- 2 and 3 seater leather sofas plus coffee table
- Wall mounted flat screen TV with access to digital channels plus some Sky channels including Sky Sports
- Feature electric wall mounted fire with remote control
- Dining area with full size dining table and 6 chairs
- Well equipped and appointed fitted kitchen with granite worktops
- Kitchen equipment includes a built in double electric oven and gas hob, full size fridge and freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, kettle and 4 slice toaster, cutlery and crockery plus storage space
- The carpeted master bedroom has a king size bed
- 2 bedside cabinets and dressing table with wall mirror
- Wall mounted flat screen TV
- There is a double wardrobe in the walk through leading to the en suite
- En suite shower room with corner shower, hand basin, toilet and heated towel radiator
- The carpeted second bedroom has full size twin beds and bedside cabinet
- Double mirror fronted wardrobe with storage and hanging space
- Compact carpeted third bedroom with 2 narrow twin beds
- Overhead storage space
- Wall mounted reading lights
- Fitted vanity units with granite tops and wall mirror
- Full size bath with over bath shower, hand basin, toilet and heated towel radiator
- The hot tub will seat 6 guests
- Central heating throughout ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Megala Lodge has its own dedicated WiFi
- Storage area in hallway with iron, ironing board and clothes airer
- The lodge is in an elevated position and there are 7 concrete steps followed by 14 steep wooden steps to reach Megala
Key Information for your Stay
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the hot tub and/or leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 2 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Please note: There are 7 concrete steps followed by 14 steep wooden steps to reach Megala. This may make it unsuitable for the elderly or infirm. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
Sorry we are unable to accept dogs at Megala Lodge.
Please note: The owners sometimes bring their own pet when staying.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Wrap around South and West facing deck. Rattan cube furniture set with 2 sofas, table and 4 footstools plus cover. Set of 6 chairs and patio table.
There is a designated space immediately below the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Megala Lodge has its own dedicated WiFi.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Megala Lodge has been rented through us since December 2017.
Review date: 01st May 2019
Easter at Megala Lodge
Review date: 22nd April 2019
Review date: 15th April 2019
Just perfect for a short break away with friends and children.
Review date: 15th April 2019
An excellent stay in an excellent location
Review date: 12th April 2019
Well equipped lodge
Review date: 25th March 2019
Review date: 01st March 2019
Review date: 26th November 2018
Lovely break and great hot tub
Review date: 09th November 2018
Excellent holiday lodge!
Review date: 01st October 2018
About White Cross Bay, Windermere
Stay in a lodge or log cabin at White Cross Bay. Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere it is one of the most popular park locations in the very heart of the Lake District.
For more detailed information about White Cross Bay, Windermere please Click here.