Welcome to Megala, a delightful three bedroom holiday lodge with hot tub and far reaching views
This beautiful, modern and spacious lodge is located in an elevated position in the Ambleside area of White Cross Bay. It enjoys views of the lake and mountains beyond. There is also the added bonus of a hot tub, complete with views – great to relax in after a day exploring the local villages and fells. Megala is well equipped with everything you will need for a comfortable stay. A great choice for an unforgettable holiday.
Please note: A refundable £100 security deposit is required for all stays at Megala Lodge. This is payable with your balance and refunded within 7 days of departure if not called upon. We regret we are unable to accept groups of adults under 25 years old or any pets at Megala Lodge.
- There is a bright and spacious open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area
- 2 and 3 seater leather sofas plus coffee table
- Wall mounted flat screen TV with access to digital channels plus some Sky channels including Sky Sports
- Feature electric wall mounted fire with remote control
- Dining area with full size dining table and 6 chairs
- Well equipped and appointed fitted kitchen with granite worktops
- Kitchen equipment includes a built in double electric oven and gas hob, full size fridge and freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, kettle and 4 slice toaster, cutlery and crockery plus storage space
- The carpeted master bedroom has a king size bed
- 2 bedside cabinets and dressing table with wall mirror
- Wall mounted flat screen TV
- There is a double wardrobe in the walk through leading to the en suite
- En suite shower room with corner shower, hand basin, toilet and heated towel radiator
- The carpeted second bedroom has full size twin beds and bedside cabinet
- Double mirror fronted wardrobe with storage and hanging space
- Compact carpeted third bedroom with 2 narrow twin beds
- Overhead storage space
- Wall mounted reading lights
- Fitted vanity units with granite tops and wall mirror
- Full size bath with over bath shower, hand basin, toilet and heated towel radiator
- Please note: The lodge is in an elevated position and there are 7 concrete steps followed by 14 steep wooden steps to reach Megala
- Megala Lodge has its own dedicated WiFi. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts
- The hot tub will seat 6 guests
- Central heating throughout ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Storage area in hallway with iron, ironing board and clothes airer
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the hot tub and/or leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 2 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Please note: There are 7 concrete steps followed by 14 steep wooden steps to reach Megala. This may make it unsuitable for the elderly or infirm. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
Sorry we are unable to accept dogs at Megala Lodge.
Please note: The owners sometimes bring their own pet when staying.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Wrap around South and West facing deck. Rattan cube furniture set with 2 sofas, table and 4 footstools plus cover. Set of 6 chairs and patio table.
There is a designated space immediately below the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Megala Lodge benefits from its own complimentary dedicated WiFi connection. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts.
Quality of connection may vary at times. No guarantee is given as to the speed of WiFi service or its reliability.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Megala Lodge has been rented through us since December 2017.
20th March 2020
V.enjoyable holiday. Lovely cabin in nice central Lakes location. Excellent value for money. Would visit again.
15th March 2020
Me and my friends decided to have a weekend away and have been going to the Lake District for ten years. Decided to stay somewhere different this time so when we found this lodge we thought it was perfect for what we needed and it was! Great rooms, view & hot tub! Will defiantly be coming again.
28th February 2020
Really lovely lodge in a great location. Was a very rainy week so spent some time indoors, and it was very comfortable and spacious enough that we didnt get under each others feet Well equipped, well maintained, and a nice quiet position close to the lake - but not close enough for us to be flooded which was a possibility last week The pool on site is freezing - our young children were shivering after 30mins, we had to take them out The bar area is ok to pass a couple of evenings if you have young kids who will enjoy the entertainment. Very close to Windermere centre and all the things to do Thank you for a lovely stay