< Swipe or press to view images >
Welcome to Megala, a delightful three bedroom holiday lodge with hot tub and far reaching views
This beautiful, modern and spacious lodge is located in an elevated position in the Ambleside area of White Cross Bay. It enjoys views of the lake and mountains beyond. There is also the added bonus of a hot tub, complete with views – great to relax in after a day exploring the local villages and fells. Megala is well equipped with everything you will need for a comfortable stay. A great choice for an unforgettable holiday.
Please note: A refundable £100 security deposit is required for all stays at Megala Lodge. This is payable with your balance and refunded within 7 days of departure if not called upon. We regret we are unable to accept groups of adults under 25 years old or any pets at Megala Lodge.
- There is a bright and spacious open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area
- 2 and 3 seater leather sofas plus coffee table
- Wall mounted flat screen TV with access to digital channels plus some Sky channels including Sky Sports
- Feature electric wall mounted fire with remote control
- Dining area with full size dining table and 6 chairs
- Well equipped and appointed fitted kitchen with granite worktops
- Kitchen equipment includes a built in double electric oven and gas hob, full size fridge and freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, kettle and 4 slice toaster, cutlery and crockery plus storage space
- The carpeted master bedroom has a king size bed
- 2 bedside cabinets and dressing table with wall mirror
- Wall mounted flat screen TV
- There is a double wardrobe in the walk through leading to the en suite
- En suite shower room with corner shower, hand basin, toilet and heated towel radiator
- The carpeted second bedroom has full size twin beds and bedside cabinet
- Double mirror fronted wardrobe with storage and hanging space
- Compact carpeted third bedroom with 2 narrow twin beds
- Overhead storage space
- Wall mounted reading lights
- Fitted vanity units with granite tops and wall mirror
- Full size bath with over bath shower, hand basin, toilet and heated towel radiator
- Please note: The lodge is in an elevated position and there are 7 concrete steps followed by 14 steep wooden steps to reach Megala
- Megala Lodge has its own dedicated WiFi. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts
- The hot tub will seat 6 guests
- Central heating throughout ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Storage area in hallway with iron, ironing board and clothes airer
Key Information for your Stay
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the hot tub and/or leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 2 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Please note: There are 7 concrete steps followed by 14 steep wooden steps to reach Megala. This may make it unsuitable for the elderly or infirm. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
Sorry we are unable to accept dogs at Megala Lodge.
Please note: The owners sometimes bring their own pet when staying.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Wrap around South and West facing deck. Rattan cube furniture set with 2 sofas, table and 4 footstools plus cover. Set of 6 chairs and patio table.
There is a designated space immediately below the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Megala Lodge benefits from its own complimentary dedicated WiFi connection. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts.
Quality of connection may vary at times. No guarantee is given as to the speed of WiFi service or its reliability.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Megala Lodge has been rented through us since December 2017.
Great location for a short break
Review date: 07th December 2019
Weekend away with friends
Review date: 25th November 2019
Beautiful stay with stunning views of lake
Review date: 21st October 2019
Lovely log cabin how ever the restaurant lets it down
Review date: 07th September 2019
Fab 60th birthday stay
Review date: 02nd September 2019
Review date: 14th June 2019
Amazing Modern Lodge
Review date: 09th June 2019
Memories Made Perfect
Review date: 02nd June 2019
Review date: 01st May 2019
Easter at Megala Lodge
Review date: 22nd April 2019
About White Cross Bay, Windermere
Stay in a lodge or log cabin at White Cross Bay. Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere it is one of the most popular park locations in the very heart of the Lake District.
For more detailed information about White Cross Bay, Windermere please Click here.