Three Bedroom Holiday Lodge (with Outside Hot Tub)
New to our portfolio in 2017 Mere’s Edge is a beautiful, modern and spacious holiday lodge located just a few yards from the lakeshore in a quiet part of White Cross Bay. Affording a glimpse of the lake, it is perfect for families or couples and uniquely will sleep up to 7 people (plus an infant in a travel cot) in 3 double bedrooms.
The well proportioned and spacious accommodation has full central heating and double glazing to ensure a very comfortable stay all year round. Outside there is a large spacious deck with patio furniture which extends around the side of the lodge where the outside is located.
Dog friendly – up to 2 dogs welcome
- There is a bright and spacious open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area. Wooden laminate flooring extending through hallway.
- Lounge has a 2 two seater leather sofas plus 2 low backed armchairs. Wall mounted flat screen TV (with integrated DVD player).
- Dining area with solid wood dining table and 8 chairs.
- Patio doors open out onto the large front deck with sunny aspect.
- Well equipped and appointed fitted kitchen with integrated electric oven and microwave, gas hob, full length fridge and freezer, dishwasher.
- Kettle & toaster, cutlery and crockery, plenty of storage space.
- Three double bedrooms all carpeted. The master bedroom has a king sized divan bed, fitted wardrobes ansd wall mounted TV with DVD player.
- En-suite shower room with double width shower. Thermostatic body shower, toilet, basin and modular unit.
- Second bedroom with double bed (wooden framed). Fitted wardrobe.
- Third bedroom with double divan bed and single bed. Fitted wardrobes and wall mounted TV/DVD.
- The family sized bathroom has a full sized bath with body shower, basin on modular unit, toilet and mirror.
- Washer/dryer in outside shed to rear of lodge.
- A barbecue slab or stone will be provided, please bring your own disposable barbecue.
Key Information for your Stay
Lodge located at Lake View 6 and accessed by 4 steps and then all on the same ground floor level; Deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated to side; Parking immediately to the front left hand side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All guests staying at White Cross Bay have use of the onsite leisure facilities at a local charge. Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at White Cross Bay please click here.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: March 2017
The location is in a great location for exploring the lake district and has lots of towns within a few minutes drive.
We didn't really use the park much just as a base. In terms of the lodge it is nice and big with plenty of room, there was only the 2 of us but more than enough space for a family.
A few things which would improve the lodge are:
Darker curtains, as it gets bright around 4am, so thankfully we had eye masks
I took my own pillows as the ones in the lodge are very flat, my other half had to use 4, so perhaps these need replacing.
The lodge whilst clean on the surface could do with a deep clean, there was dust and cobwebs in lots of places so I get the feeling the clean is quite swift.
None of this stopped us having a good time, they are just little ideas to improve things.
Review date: 20th July 2018
Lodge bit more expensive but well worth it Excellent facility in a great area of the park would definitely use again in future
Review date: 21st June 2018
Fantastic holiday shame about the hot tub!
Overall we had a fantastic stay at Meres Edge. Its very modern and had all we needed. It is situated well, a lovely spot by the water. The only things that werent up to standard were :-
* the freezer needed a clean, there were black streaks inside.
* the dishwasher had been turned off and left mid cycle so there was stinky dirty water and the bottom which stank the lodge out.
* the mattresses weren't very thick or comfy, so we didnt sleep very well.
* the shower attachment in the en-suite was broken and the water pressure was too low.
* the hot tub was scolding hot! It was set at the normal 38 degrees but was running hotter at 41.5 degrees which was ridiculous. I noticed other renters had noted this as well. So there must be a fault.
Although our stay at the park was fabulous, if the mattresses and hot tub were better then I would have scored a 10/10 but due to these problems I will give it an 8/10. The whole reason we booked the lodge was for the hot tub and we couldnt use it! It really put a downer to my friends birthday celebrations.
Also the hot tub is not private as described it is overlooked by two lodges. It could do with some bamboo screening around it!
Review date: 18th June 2018
Amazing short break!
We arrived for our 4 night stay, everything went smoothly and amazing. The lodge is gorgeous, the decking space and outdoor furniture was amazing, hot tub was clean and well taken care off, the kitchen had enough cups/plates etc. We came home and instantly booked again next year for 7 nights as the lodge was perfect. The only highlight I would say is the freeview signal isn't the best so take dvds with you - but we spent most our days outside enjoying everything. I highly recommend this lodge - it's beautiful.
Review date: 01st June 2018
Our family of six plu toddler plus two small dogs. had a lovely stay the weather was fab,so the decking and out door facilitys were perfect the. lodge was very roomy and comfortable a credit to the owners we will be back please order the same weather next year sandra bradshaw and family
Review date: 29th May 2018
Had an amazing wend at Meres Lodge.
Lodge is great..outside space is great and we were able to make the most of it due to fantastic weather...
Definitely recommend as a base to explore The Lakes!
Review date: 14th May 2018
Lovely quiet location
Lodge is in a lovely quiet location , enjoyed our 4 night stay.
Kitchen equipment is fairly good but still needs some basic items, we found that when we looked for some items even such as a basic tray there wasnt one but this could easily be remedied by adding a few more basic items.
Bed was very comfortable, TV freeview
was hit and miss so take a good book.
The outside cushions for all the outdoor seating was no where to be seen, and you couldnt sit on them without them as very uncomfortable, after a couple of emails to Lake District Lodge Holidays the owners were contacted and it was established that they were locked away in outside storage area, the owners did come and unlock the storage so we could gain access but we lost a couple of days that we were able to enjoy the outside living space.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and we would rebook.
Review date: 12th May 2018
Nice family break
Stayed here for a week with my partner, mum, 2 children and dog! The lodge is in a good location, close to the waters edge. The lodge itself was lovely and spacious with a huge outside veranda to sit on with hot tub. The only problem with this is there was no cushions for on the outside seating area so it was uncomfortable. Inside, the cabin had everything we needed including dvds (not that we used them) we really enjoyed our stay at Mere Edge
Review date: 20th April 2018
Easter fun in the Lakes
Great place to stay , location is fab . Lovely lodge everything you need to have a home from home stay including the best part the hot tub we used in all weather .
Review date: 20th April 2018
See 24 more reviews for Mere’s Edge
Beautiful spacious lodge, all bedrooms really good size, Hot tub amazing, decking all enclosed and very spacious which was perfect for dogs. The location of the lodge is perfect very quiet.
Review date: 09th April 2018
About White Cross Bay
Stay in a lodge or log cabin at White Cross Bay. Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere it is one of the most popular park locations in the very heart of the Lake District.
For more detailed information about White Cross Bay please Click here.