Welcome to Ramblers Rest, a cosy traditional two bedroom holiday lodge
Ramblers Rest is situated in the Pinewood area of Limefitt Park. The lodge benefits from a delightful location with magnificent views of the surrounding fells. It is ideal for families or couples sleeping up to 4 guests plus an infant in a travel cot. Ramblers Rest is traditionally styled with pine clad internal walls offering a cosy, cabin style feel. The full length picture window means it has a bright and airy interior. Add to that your own unlimited broadband connection and you have everything for a perfect stay!
The lodge welcomes up to 2 small/medium size dogs.
- Bright and welcoming open plan lounge and dining area
- Pitched ceiling with pine clad walls
- Furniture includes a fabric 2 seater sofa and two armchairs
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- Wall mounted flat screen TV, DVD player and DAB radio
- Feature fire place with electric fire
- The contemporary fitted kitchen is bright, well appointed and equipped
- Includes a gas hob with 4 rings and fan assisted electric oven
- Built in fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster, cutlery and crockery plus plenty of generous storage space
- The master bedroom has a double bed and plenty of storage space with fitted wardrobes and drawers
- Wall mounted 32″ TV/DVD
- En suite shower room with toilet and basin
- The second bedroom has twin beds and a wardrobe
- Wall mounted 19″ TV/DVD with PS2 and games
- The family bathroom has a full size bath with shower, vanity unit, toilet and a shaving point
- Broadband connection via BT home hub – unlimited use. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts
- Central heating ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Guests can hire a selection of DVDs from the shop at reception
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3pm and departure at 10am. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5pm on Sunday.
Ramblers Rest is accessed by 5 wooden steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 small/medium size dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
The onsite Haybarn Pub welcomes dogs, plus there is a designated dog field for exercising.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and high chair is provided free of charge. The travel cot will fit in the twin bedroom only with the door open and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Double patio doors lead from the main living area onto a south facing deck running to the side of the lodge. Patio furniture and chairs are provided for outdoor dining and relaxation.
Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite). For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Ramblers Rest Lodge offers an unlimited, complimentary broadband connection with a dedicated router in the lodge. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts.
Quality of connection may vary at times. No guarantee is given as to the speed of WiFi service or its reliability.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Ramblers Rest has been rented through us since September 2012.
17th January 2020
Had a great break with the family over new year. The lodge although smaller than previous lodges we have stayed in is very cosy and probably the best equipped. This is not just with the dedicated Broadband, Smart TV, TVs in bedrooms and Playstation 2, but in every aspect right down to having sufficient cooking utensils. Despite the cold weather the lodge was lovely and warm, which is an important factor when travelling with my elderly mother. The only point for improvement would be to look at changing the mattress in the double room and some better pillows as this was not the most comfortable. We have stayed quite a few times at Limefitt as it is ideally located but also offers great views and walks directly from the site. We would definitely look to book this lodge again and would recommend.
08th December 2019
Visited at the begining of november for my girlfriends birthday with 2 dogs, the site has good links to some lovely walks and views and was perfect for relaxing in once the light faded, could not pick a fault with the lodge. would love to return and would definetly reccomend.
20th October 2019
Booking in to the lodge was very easy. The lodge itself was clean and tidy and extremely well equipped for our family stay, having all the modern conveniences we needed. I would definitely recommend this lodge and park (especially if you have a dog). We will definitely stay again!