At Lake District Lodge Holidays we know that your holiday is precious time for you, your family and friends and that’s why we want to make it as hassle free and safe as possible, whilst giving you the peace of mind to sit back and enjoy your visit.
To support this we have created a list of things you should consider before you arrive, whilst you are here and before you leave to come home.
Before you go:
Please read the arrival information we have emailed thoroughly prior to travelling.
Are you and the rest of your party fit to travel?
If you or any of your party develop or have any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of your holiday you must inform us at least 48 hours before you are due to depart. You will need to check your travel insurance regarding their cancellation guidelines.
Chances are your car has been sat on your driveway or limited to short journeys over the past few weeks. A full check of tyres, water oil etc. would be advisable before setting off on any long journeys. If you don’t already have roadside assistance this is another worthwhile consideration.
List of Items we recommend you take with you:
Remember your accommodation is self catering and there may only be an initial supply of certain items such as bin bags and toilet rolls.
There are a few items that in the past wouldn’t have made your holiday essentials list, but we think it would be wise for you to consider packing the following items alongside your normal clothing and gear:
– Face Masks – especially if you are thinking about visiting any popular tourist attractions where the volume of people might make it difficult to socially distance. These should be washed each day so you may need to think about packing a few if you are planning regular days out.
– Disposable Gloves – we’re thinking if you need to top the car up with fuel or use an electric vehicle charger en-route. Remember these should always be single use and disposed of after each interaction so for other activities hand sanitiser may be best.
– Hand Sanitiser – especially for when out and about where it may not be possible to wash your hands.
– Contactless card for payment and some cash to ensure you don’t have to visit an ATM
– Reusable coffee cup it is great for the environment and allows a takeaway while cafes are socially distancing.
– Picnic blanket. Again, you may wish to enjoy the delights of local cafes and restaurants with a takeaway while social distancing is in place.
– Tickets or online order numbers. If you are planning to visit a local attraction, you may need to book in advance while entrance numbers are reduced to allow social distancing. Please check before you leave and if possible book your slot in advance.
– Card games, DVDs, scavenger hunts and more. You may want to think about a few games or films to enjoy at your holiday home.
– First aid kit including Paracetamol
– Thermometer – to ensure you can check for a fever
– Food – If your local shops are busy at this time then the ones in smaller towns and tourist destinations are likely to be even busier. Many of the big supermarkets have more deliver slots opening up, particularly if you order in advance.
– Clothes detergent – consider whether you may want to wash items such as your face masks frequently whilst away
– Disinfectant Wipes – Sanitising cleaning products
– Handwash – Ensure you have enough for your party for your stay
– Bin Bags – There here will most likely be an initial supply only so please take a roll of your own especially if you are going out for picnics.
Check in and out times:
We kindly ask that arrival times are strictly respected as detailed on your arrival information to allow your lodge accommodation to be cleaned thoroughly and any maintenance issues addressed.
We regret we won’t be able to offer early check ins or later departures during the peak summer season.
Check in: From 4.00pm (unless otherwise detailed)
Check out: No later than 10.00am please.
While you are away:
If you, or any of your party become ill or display any symptoms of Coronavirus whilst you are at the property you should call us straightaway, this will allow us to liaise with the property owner or housekeeper
– Waste and Bins – Ensure all rubbish and waste is disposed of properly in secured bags and taken to the onsite skips.
Before you Depart:
Please ensure that the property is left in the same condition that you found it.
If your property has a dishwasher, please load this prior to leaving
Please strip all beds of bedding prior to leaving.
Adhere to social distancing regulations.