Welcome to Comraich, a spacious two bedroom lodge by the river
Comraich is a beautifully presented lodge at Limefitt Park in the picturesque Troutbeck Valley. With its unique ‘L-shape’ design, Comraich offers guests a spacious lounge, dining and kitchen area. The lodge enjoys a sought after position on the riverbank with views towards the fells and beyond. There is a delightful outside deck from which you can simply relax and listen to the sound of the beck below. Comraich which means ‘sanctuary’ or ‘haven’ is named after a Comraich, the old Gaelic name for Applecross in the Scottish Highlands. It is a resting place for travellers crossing from Ireland since the 7th Century.
With its riverside location and wonderful views, Comraich Lodge is an ideal holiday retreat.
The lodge welcomes 2 dogs.
- Vaulted ceiling with built in lighting
- Comfortable 2 and 3 seater fabric sofas
- Lovely views through bi-fold patio doors which open out onto the south and west facing deck
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- Wall mounted flat screen TV with integrated DVD player plus separate speakers
- Feature electric ‘real fire’ adds to the cosy feel of the room
- Fully equipped galley shaker style fitted kitchen
- Appliances include a gas hob, electric oven, integrated full size fridge and freezer, washer/dryer, microwave, kettle and toaster
- Plenty of cutlery and crockery plus storage space
- Carpeted with a double bed
- Furniture includes a fitted mirrored wardrobe and bedside cabinets
- Wall mounted TV
- En suite shower room with shower cubicle, thermostatic shower, toilet and hand basin
- Carpeted with twin beds
- Fitted mirrored wardrobe with bedside cabinets
- Family bathroom with bath, over bath thermostatic shower, vanity unit with hand basin plus toilet
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Laminate flooring throughout except for the carpeted bedrooms
- There is a washer/dryer in the kitchen
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels if you are planning to use the leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 4 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Comraich is accessed by 4 wooden steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes 2 dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
The onsite Haybarn Pub welcomes dogs, plus there is a designated dog field for exercising.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will only fit in the twin bedroom (tight fit between beds). Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
There is designated parking for 2 cars outside the lodge.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines.
Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to. From our experience, it is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Comraich has been rented through us since December 2018
12th October 2020
This is the best lodge we have stayed at for the view and location the decking area was great plentyof room, everything we needed was available, you can go on many walks straight from Limefitt Park which is in a stunning with location with children play area and dog walking field had an Amazing Time :-)
25th September 2020
I have stayed in many lodges on Limefitt Park and this is up there with the best. It was spotlessly clean with everything you would need for a lovely stay. I liked the unusual L shape. Being right on the Trout Beck together with the lovely weather we had was special. Just sitting on the deck reading a book was so relaxing. I would highly recommend and will definitely try to book this lodge again. Thanks to the owners for letting us use it.
18th October 2019
Lovely Lodge in a relaxing location. Everyone we spoke/came across from booking staff to the park staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Beautiful views of the hills from every window. All facilities were brilliant and the fact that we could bring our 2 dogs made the week. Would thoroughly recommend.