Welcome to Somerford, a delightful two bedroom holiday lodge with hot tub
Somerford is a pretty, modern and spacious two bedroom lodge in a wooded cul-de-sac at White Cross Bay. The double bi-fold doors provide a light and bright interior – perfect for those glorious warm evenings! The lodge is superbly well equipped with everything you might need for a comfortable stay, plus the added bonus of a sunken hot tub. Somerford offers a welcoming base from which to explore the local area or to simply relax and unwind from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
2 small dogs are welcome at Somerford.
- A contemporary decorated spacious living, dining and kitchen area
- There is a 2 and 3 seater leather sofa plus an armchair and coffee table
- Feature electric fire
- Wall mounted Smart TV and 5th generation iPod dock
- The dining area has a round glass table and 4 fabric chairs
- The fully equipped fitted kitchen is to the left hand side and is separated from the main living area
- There is a breakfast bar with 2 stools
- Equipment includes an integrated fridge and freezer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, slow cooker, kettle, toaster, cutlery and crockery plus plenty of storage space with a slide out pantry cupboard
- The master bedroom has a king size bed
- Fitted wardrobe, bedside tables, dressing table and mirror
- Wall mounted TV with integrated DVD
- En suite shower room with double width walk in shower, toilet, hand basin, vanity unit and radiator/towel rail
- The second bedroom has twin beds
- Fitted wardrobe and cupboards plus a bedside table
- Wall mounted TV with integrated DVD
- Full size bath with over bath shower, toilet, hand basin, vanity unit and radiator/towel rail
- Somerford Lodge has its own dedicated WiFi. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the hot tub and/or leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 4 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Somerford is accessed by 6 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes 2 small dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: There is a designated dog friendly area in the bar/restaurant.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and high chair is provided free of charge. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only (when the bed is adjusted) and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
The bi-fold patio doors lead from the living area to the front deck which continues around to the side of the lodge. Patio furniture and chairs are provided for outdoor dining and relaxation.
Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Somerford Lodge has its own complimentary dedicated WiFi. This should be suitable for streaming services allowing you to log into your Amazon Prime, Now TV or Netflix accounts.
Quality of connection may vary at times. No guarantee is given as to the speed of WiFi service or its reliability.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Somerford Lodge has been rented through us since December 2014.
28th August 2020
This is are 5 th stay on whitecross bay , but are first time in this beautiful lodge (Somerford Lodge).very spacious lodge ,Home from Home. the hot tub was a added bonus.it is by far the best lodge we have stayed in on this site. the location of the lodge was great .I put some pics up on my facebook and had a lot of enquiries as to were we were staying . the lodge is done to a very high standard with everything you need .the only negative I have and this is my personnel preference ,that the living room would benefit from another lamp .we enjoyed are short stay here and would definitely recommend this lodge and cant wait to return . also this lodge is pet friendly
12th August 2020
Lodge was lovely, bright and clean. Sunken hot tub was fab and nicely located to the side of the lodge away from view. The dedicated wi fi allowed us for the first time ever while staying at White Cross Bay to be able to sign in and use our netflix accounts which was ideal in the evenings. Pillows were the best ones we have ever slept on. Lodge had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. We would definetley return to this lodge again in the future.
06th March 2020
The lodge we stayed in was perfectly clean and was such a great lodge the hot tub was so clean and worked great. The ONLY problem was that we payed for the additional dedicated wifi but this wasnt working ALL week. The first day was due to wether but the rest of the week was sunny and the issue was not solved. This is the only problem we had.