Welcome to Squirrels Snug, a two bedroom holiday lodge with hot tub close to the lake
Squirrels Snug is situated in the popular Pony Meadow area of White Cross Bay. The lake and marina are just a stone’s throw away with glimpses from the lodge itself. This comfortable lodge offers great value accommodation with the added bonus of a hot tub. It will sleep up to 4 guests offering a double and twin bedroom making it ideal for both families and couples. It’s the perfect place for a relaxing break at anytime of the year.
The lodge welcomes 2 dogs.
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- 2 leather sofas, armchair and footstool
- Wall mounted flat screen TV with integrated DVD
- Double patio doors open to the front deck area
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- Shaker style fully equipped fitted kitchen with gas hob, grill and oven
- Integrated fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, kettle and toaster, ample cutlery and crockery plus plenty of storage space
- King size bed with fitted headboard
- Fitted wardrobe, bedside drawers and dressing table
- En suite bathroom with over bath thermostatic shower, toilet, hand basin and radiator
- Narrow single beds with fitted headboard
- Fitted wardrobe and dressing table
- Above bed storage
Family shower room:
- Walk in shower cubicle with thermostatic shower
- Toilet, hand basin and chrome towel rail/radiator
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the hot tub and/or leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3pm and departure at 10am.
Squirrels Snug is accessed by 6 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes 2 dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: There is a designated dog friendly area in the bar/restaurant.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for an additional £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Patio doors open out onto the front deck which extends round the side of the lodge. Private use outside hot tub with cantilever top to rear of lodge.
Parking immediately to the front and side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite).
Alternatively, when staying at White Cross Bay all guests have use of the onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay. For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines.
Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to. From our experience, it is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Squirrels Snug Lodge has been rented through us since October 2018.
03rd January 2020
It was lovely and absolutely thrilled to bits with the Christmas tree and lights around the cabin. Beautiful location
21st October 2019
Excellent stay. Would recommend this lodge to anyone who wants a nice relaxing long weekend in the lakes.
30th September 2019
Had a great time at squirrels snug. The hot tub was amazing after long walk in to Ambleside. Amazing!