SAVE – Book today and claim an immediate discount.Claim Offer
< Swipe or press to view images >
Welcome to Waterbird Lodge, a spacious three bedroom holiday lodge with stunning lake views
Named after a flying boat built at the location during the second world war, Waterbird Lodge offers spacious accommodation right on the waterfront. It enjoys a most sought after private lake front location at White Cross Bay. The lodge is nicely furnished for a very comfortable stay with one of the largest outside decks on the park to take advantage of the views across Windermere. You can imagine waking up and looking out across the lake with your morning coffee…
Waterbird will sleep up to 7 guests in 3 bedrooms (maximum 5 adults or 3 children at any time plus an infant in a travel cot). The third bedroom has bunk beds and a pull out trundle-bed suitable for a child (please bring your own bedding). An adult can also sleep on the bottom bunk if required.
The lodge will appeal particularly to families and couples as it has 2 double bedrooms.
The lodge welcomes 1 small dog.
- Bright and spacious open plan lounge and dining area with carpeted floors
- Focal electric fire and surround
- 3 seater fabric recliner sofas, 2 armchairs (one is a recliner)
- Dining area with full size dining table and 6 chairs
- Wall mounted flat screen TV and DVD player
- Picture windows looking out across the lake. One set of patio doors opening out onto the vast deck area
- Fully equipped fitted kitchen includes a built-in double oven, under counter fridge and freezer, dishwasher, gas hob,microwave, toaster and kettle plus cutlery and crockery
- Plenty of storage space
- King size divan bed
- Full width mirror fronted wardrobe, bed side table and dressing table
- En suite with double width walk in shower, hydro massage shower, toilet, hand basin and heated towel rail
- Double bed
- Mirror fronted wardrobe and bedside drawers
- Children’s bunk beds with pull out trundle-bed (The bottom bunk would be suitable for an adult)
- Wall mounted TV
- Small storage unit
- Family bathroom with over bath shower, toilet and hand basin
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
Key Information for your Stay
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels if intending to use the leisure facilities.
If using the trundle bed for an additional child guests will need to bring their own bedding.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Waterbird Lodge is accessed by 6 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes 1 small dog.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: Dogs are not allowed in the clubhouse at White Cross Bay. (They can be taken into the outdoor seating area).
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
The very spacious deck has 2 mature trees to the side plus an integrated bench seating area. Patio set for outdoor dining.
There is designated parking for 2 cars to the rear of the lodge.
Additional cars should be parked in the parking spaces along the main drive close to the marina.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here. (Every lodge)
Free WiFi is provided by the park operators.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Waterbird Lodge has been rented through us since February 2019
This lodge has only joined us recently and we don’t have any guest reviews as yet. Rest assured it has passed our own quality assessment prior to us offering it for rental
About White Cross Bay
Stay in a lodge or log cabin at White Cross Bay. Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere it is one of the most popular park locations in the very heart of the Lake District.
For more detailed information about White Cross Bay please Click here.