< Swipe or press to view images >
Welcome to Waterbird, a spacious three bedroom holiday lodge with stunning lake views
Named after a flying boat built at the location during the second world war, Waterbird Lodge enjoys a sought after private lake front location at White Cross Bay. The lodge is tastefully furnished with everything you might need for a very comfortable stay. Waterbird boasts one of the largest outside decks on the park, perfect to take advantage of those stunning lake views. You can just imagine waking up and looking out across the lake with your morning coffee…
Please note: Waterbird will sleep up to 7 guests in 3 bedrooms. Maximum 5 adults at any one time plus 2 children sleeping on the top bunk and trundle bed. An infant can also stay when sleeping in a travel cot. The third bedroom has bunk beds and a pull out trundle bed which is suitable for a child only – please bring your own bedding for the trundle bed.
Waterbird Lodge welcomes 1 small dog subject to £50 refundable deposit.
- Bright and spacious open plan lounge and dining area with carpeted floors
- Focal electric fire and surround
- 3 seater fabric recliner sofas, 2 armchairs (one is a recliner)
- Dining area with full size dining table and 6 chairs
- Wall mounted flat screen TV and DVD player
- Picture windows looking out across the lake. One set of patio doors opening out onto the vast deck area
- Fully equipped fitted kitchen includes a built-in double oven, under counter fridge and freezer, dishwasher, gas hob, microwave, toaster and kettle
- Plenty of cutlery and crockery plus storage
- King size divan bed
- Full width mirror fronted wardrobe, bed side table and dressing table
- En suite with double width walk in shower, hydro massage shower, toilet, hand basin and heated towel rail
- Double bed
- Mirror fronted wardrobe and bedside drawers
- Children’s bunk beds with pull out trundle bed (The bottom bunk only would be suitable for an adult)
- Wall mounted TV
- Small storage unit
- Family bathroom with over bath shower, toilet and hand basin
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
Key Information for your Stay
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels if intending to use the leisure facilities.
If using the trundle bed for an additional child guests will need to bring their own bedding.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Waterbird Lodge is accessed by 6 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes 1 small dog (subject to £50 refundable deposit).
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: Dogs are not allowed in the clubhouse at White Cross Bay. (They can be taken into the outdoor seating area).
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the master bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
The very spacious deck has 2 mature trees to the side plus an integrated bench seating area. Patio set for outdoor dining.
There is designated parking for 2 cars to the rear of the lodge.
Additional cars should be parked in the parking spaces along the main drive close to the marina.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here. (Every lodge)
Free WiFi is provided by the park operators.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Waterbird Lodge has been rented through us since February 2019
Relaxing and beauitful
Review date: 12th July 2019
Review date: 05th July 2019
What a view
Review date: 26th June 2019
A great weekend!
Review date: 25th June 2019
Review date: 14th June 2019
Review date: 10th June 2019
Perfect spot for any type of break
Review date: 03rd June 2019
Last minute booking
Review date: 20th May 2019
Nice location and a very great view.
Review date: 17th May 2019
Review date: 06th April 2019
About White Cross Bay, Windermere
Stay in a lodge or log cabin at White Cross Bay. Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere it is one of the most popular park locations in the very heart of the Lake District.
For more detailed information about White Cross Bay, Windermere please Click here.