In case something unforeseen was to stop you coming to enjoy your stay in the Lake District, we recommend you consider protecting your holiday. Our booking terms and conditions are such that if you cancel your stay you may not get a refund and you could lose out financially as a result.
All online bookings will be offered refund protection through Booking Protect at the time of booking. This can be added at anytime up to when the final balance is paid. This enables guests to apply for a refund of monies paid should they or anyone in the party be unable to stay in certain predefined circumstances including:
- Death, injury, or illness happening to you, or a member of your immediate family. Coronavirus is included.
- Burglary or fire at your residence in the 48 hours immediately before the booked event.
- Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police or Government have issued travel warnings.
- The mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to the booked event.
- You being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which you were unaware of at the time of booking.
- You being relocated for work more than 100 miles from the booked event which you were unaware of at the time of booking.
Full terms and conditions of this protection can be read here. There is a 14 day cooling off period once the policy has been taken out.
Please also read Booking Protects Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance here.
Please note: All claims and correspondence relating to this policy are made with Booking Protect.
We always recommend guests consider taking out suitable refund protection or some form of travel/cancellation insurance. In doing so guests make their own informed choice as to the suitability of this policy based on their own circumstances and it’s terms and conditions. Lake District Lodge Holidays is not advising on the suitability of any policy and is not liable should a policy not cover the circumstances in which any stay is cancelled.