Welcome to Mountain View, a three bedroom holiday lodge with lake view
Mountain View is a comfortable and modern lodge located in the popular Pony Meadow area of White Cross Bay. Being close to the lake, it enjoys views across Windermere towards the mountains beyond from its elevated position. The lodge is ideal for families sleeping up to 6 guests plus an infant in a travel cot. A great choice in the heart of the Lake District.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
- Bright and spacious open plan lounge area with large windows offering lake and mountain views
- Feature fire place with electric fire
- 2 two seater leather sofas and armchair
- 37″ wall mounted flat screen TV
- Separate dining area with full size wooden dining table and 6 chairs
- Fully equipped and superbly appointed kitchen with built in electric double oven, gas hob, built in fridge and freezer, integrated microwave, dishwasher, kettle and toaster, plus cutlery, crockery and storage space
- King size bed, fitted mirrored wardrobe and bedside drawers
- Wall mounted TV
- En suite shower room including toilet, hand basin and vanity unit plus heated towel rail
- Twin beds, fitted mirrored wardrobe and bedside drawers
- Wall mounted TV
- The third bedroom has full size bunk beds
- The family size shower room has a double walk in shower, vanity unit with shaving point, toilet, hand basin and heated towel rail
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- The bunk beds may not be suitable for some adults
- There is woodland to the rear of the lodge
- Please note: The owners have recently updated some of the furnishings and therefore may differ from the photos
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Mountain View is accessed by 6 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: There is a designated dog friendly area in the bar/restaurant.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the third bunk bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Bi-fold doors lead from the main living area to the outside deck with lake and mountain views. Rattan tables and chairs are provided for relaxation.
Parking to the front and side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines.
Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to. From our experience, it is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Mountain View Lodge has been rented through us since January 2014.
13th September 2019
Well equipped, clean and modern with fabulous sunset view of the lake. Value for money and easy booking process. Access to choices health club was a nice touch. Whitecross bay provides a good base to explore the area. Well recommended
19th July 2019
First of all the park itself is beautiful. Staff are efficient, welcoming and friendly. Mountain Lodge is in a lovely spot - in an elevated position so you can see mountains and lake from the deck. The park and lodge location is level (good for mobility issues) although lodge is accessed by short flight of external steps. Lake is a short stroll away. Lodge is beautifully furnished and equipped. Believe the photos!! Extremely clean - so well done cleaning staff. Deck area has lovely furniture. a lovely quiet spot. Near woodland path - so great for doggies! We loved staying there and would go back in a heartbeat.
30th June 2019
We have just got back from a weekend break at the lodge. The lodge has great views looking out over the lake. The lodge is in a great location and gets the sun from morning till night so if your lucky enough to get the weather whilst there, like we just did its perfect. Its very modern and in great condition and comes well equipped with everything you need. We visited with our 2 dogs, with one been a 65kg newfoundland and it was ideal with no issues what so ever, there are tonnes of great walks to go on with your dogs all close by. I would definitely stay again.