Welcome to Mountain View, a three bedroom holiday lodge with lake view
Mountain View is a comfortable and modern lodge located in the popular Pony Meadow area of White Cross Bay. Being close to the lake, it enjoys views across Windermere towards the mountains beyond from its elevated position. The lodge is ideal for families sleeping up to 6 guests plus an infant in a travel cot. A great choice in the heart of the Lake District.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
- Bright and spacious open plan lounge area with large windows offering lake and mountain views
- Feature fire place with electric fire
- 2 two seater leather sofas and armchair
- 37″ wall mounted flat screen TV
- Separate dining area with full size wooden dining table and 6 chairs
- Fully equipped and superbly appointed kitchen with built in electric double oven, gas hob, built in fridge and freezer, integrated microwave, dishwasher, kettle and toaster, plus cutlery, crockery and storage space
- King size bed, fitted mirrored wardrobe and bedside drawers
- Wall mounted TV
- En suite shower room including toilet, hand basin and vanity unit plus heated towel rail
- Twin beds, fitted mirrored wardrobe and bedside drawers
- Wall mounted TV
- The third bedroom has full size bunk beds
- The family size shower room has a double walk in shower, vanity unit with shaving point, toilet, hand basin and heated towel rail
- Full central heating and double glazing ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- The bunk beds may not be suitable for some adults
- There is woodland to the rear of the lodge
- Please note: The owners have recently updated some of the furnishings and therefore may differ from the photos
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 4 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Mountain View is accessed by 6 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
The lodge welcomes up to 2 dogs.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Please note: There is a designated dog friendly area in the bar/restaurant.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A travel cot and/or high chair can be hired for £5 per item. The travel cot will fit in the third bunk bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
Bi-fold doors lead from the main living area to the outside deck with lake and mountain views. Rattan tables and chairs are provided for relaxation.
Parking to the front and side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
Alternatively, White Cross Bay has its own onsite leisure facilities. You will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception which is currently £15 per lodge. This covers everyone staying in the lodge for the duration of your stay.
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines.
Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to. From our experience, it is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Mountain View Lodge has been rented through us since January 2014.
07th November 2020
Beautiful lodge, clean and homely. Couldnt ask for more. Added bonus of lake views! Great holiday
30th October 2020
Beautiful lodge, although the lake view isnt as prominent as I had imagined it didnt affect our stay in the slightest. The lodge is beautiful, excellent home comforts and decorated to a high standard. Fab woodland forest in the base camp 30 seconds walk from the lodge which was perfect to walk the dogs. I would certainly book this lodge again, lovely comfy seating outside which was perfect for sitting watching the world go by.
17th October 2020
This lodge is in a quiet part of the park and has a wonderful view of the lake and the mountains. A short stroll takes you to the shore and the marina, while the dog walk through the woods is on the doorstep and you may see deer if you are lucky. We enjoyed our short break at this lodge though it was ready for some attention and I hope the issues with the showers have now been attended to. The furniture was comfortable on the whole with a good sized quality dining table placed to take advantage of the view. The facilities in the kitchen were good with plenty of clean cutlery, crockery and glasses for our use. We would have liked a larger frying pan since the one supplied was extremely small for a lodge catering for six people, but otherwise we had everything we needed. Our little dog also enjoyed her stay here and she was safe on the enclosed, gated decking. The lodge was clean and well presented when we arrived.