Welcome to Neildan, a family friendly lodge that welcomes your 4 legged family member too!
Neildan is a spacious lodge at the desirable Fallbarrow Park. The lodge is larger than most providing guests with ample space to relax in comfort. Located in a quiet area of the park, yet both the clubhouse and lake are only a short distance away. The bustling little town of Bowness-on-Windermere is a few minutes walk offering an array of shops, places to eat and attractions. A popular lodge!
From April 2019 the lodge is pleased to accept 1 small/medium size dog subject to a £50 refundable security deposit.
- Spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen area with wood clad ceiling
- Corner fabric/leisure sofa
- 42″ TV on unit with separate DVD player
- Feature electric fire with surround
- Dining table with 6 chairs
- Well equipped fitted kitchen with gas hob and electric oven, integrated fridge/freezer, dishwasher, kettle and toaster, microwave, cutlery and crockery plus storage
- Double bed
- Range of fitted furniture including dressing table, cupboards and drawers
- Wall mounted TV
- En suite shower room with double width walk in shower, hand basin and toilet
- Twin beds (Standard 3 feet width)
- Fitted wardrobes and dressing table
- Over bath shower and screen, hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail/radiator
- Centrally heated throughout ensuring a comfortable stay all year round
- Carpeted throughout except in the kitchen, bathroom and en suite
- There is a selection of DVDs and games
- Please note: Guests staying at Fallbarrow during January & February should note that there will be limited onsite facilities. Reception will be open but the Boathouse Bar & Restaurant will be closed. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and cafes in nearby Bowness on Windermere just a short 5 minute walk away.
Need to know
A fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. All gas and electricity, bed linen and towels. Please bring your own swimming towels when using the leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure Time
Standard arrival time from 3 p.m. and departure at 10 a.m. 2 night weekend specials depart at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
There is an incline getting to Neildan Lodge which is accessed by 4 steps. The lodge is then all on the same ground floor level.
From April 2019 the lodge is pleased to accept 1 (up to) medium sized dog subject to a £50 refundable security deposit.
As per our T&Cs all dogs must be over the age of 6 months and fully house trained. Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended under any circumstances or be allowed to sit/sleep on the furniture. There is a £10 supplement per dog, per stay.
Infants (Up to 24 months)
A high chair can be hired for £5. A travel cot is provided free of charge. The travel cot will fit in the twin bedroom only and will be left in the lodge for you to put up. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot.
The deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated. A slab or base is provided for a BBQ but please bring your own disposable BBQ.
To the front and side is a deck area with outside furniture.
Parking immediately to the side of the lodge for 2 cars.
All stays include FREE use of Choices leisure facilities during your stay (located offsite at Troutbeck Bridge).
For more information about leisure facilities please click here.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines.
Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to. From our experience, it is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails.
WiFi is provided for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays
Neildan Lodge has been rented through us since February 2016.
02nd March 2020
Stayed here in late Feb whilst the wind, snow and rain was here. The lodge could do with turning round as we had constant noise on the roof from the rain from the trees. This got worse with the snow building up in the branches and then thudding on the roof. Hardly had any sleep for the 3 nights that we were there. If there was no rain or snow then it would have been fine so bear this in mind when booking.
28th February 2020
OK lodge, but could do with updating, decorating etc. The park is a fantastic location for centre of bowness. The lodge location isn't great for views as just looks onto another lodge but didn't matter to us as it was none stop rain so didn't do any sitting outside.
16th February 2020
Booked 4 nights in February to coincide with my wife's Birthday . (Fallbarrow Park reception even helped me arrange flowers in the lodge on arrival for my wife's birthday too ! ) Took our little Westie, Poppy and had a fantastic time . 4th time with Lake District Lodge Holidays , second time in recent years at Fallbarrow Park , first time at Nieldan lodge and it was great . The lodge is really spacious and modern . Sofa most comfortable one yet (the 100% leather ones tend to slide all over , this was great) . Great location on a very quiet "lane" tucked under the trees , literally 2 minutes from the Lake and clubhouse . The lodge had plenty of local information for "newbies" and a massive selection of DVDs in case of any wet days . That said , we were there the week before storm Ciara - blue skies, 11'C everyday ! My large jacket and scarf never left the lodge all week . We visited Ambleside , Bowness , Hawkshead , Grasmere , Castlerigg stone circle , Keswick , Cat Bells , Ings to name but a few . Got some brilliant pictures on a perfect week's break . Can thoroughly recommend The Watermill pub at Ings for great food and local beers .