Two bedroom Luxury Holiday Lodge
Helm Crag is a modern, luxury lodge situated in the Kirkstone area of Limefitt Park. Tastefully decorated with a contemporary feel and a spacious and bright interior, it is ideal for families or couples and sleeps up to 4 people (plus an infant in a travel cot).
The lodge is bright and airy with full central heating and double glazing to ensure a comfortable stay all year round.
Sorry we are unable to accept pets at Helm Crag.
- Spacious and bright open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area. Patio doors open out onto the deck with views towards the fells.
- Furniture includes 2 comfortable 3 seater leather sofas.
- Dining table with 4 chairs, feature fireplace with electric fire.
- For your entertainment there is a wall mounted flat screen TV, Blu-ray DVD player (A selection of DVDs can be hired from the shop at reception).
- The contemporary fitted kitchen is well appointed and equipped. Laminate flooring. Breakfast bar with 2 stools.
- Equipment includes an electric oven with 5 ring gas hob. Under counter fridge and freezer. Freestanding dishwasher and washer dryer. Microwave, kettle and toaster, cutlery and crockery, plenty of generous storage space.
- Inner hallway leads to the 2 bedrooms which are both carpeted.
- Master bedroom, with king sized bed, has a walk in wardrobe with plenty of storage space and drawers. Bedside draws and dressing table. Wall mounted TV with integrated DVD player.
- Ensuite shower room with circular shower cubicle. Thermostatic mixer shower, toilet and basin.
- Second bedroom with twin beds, fitted wardrobe and bedside drawers.
- The family bathroom has a full sized bath with over bath thermostatic shower, vanity unit, toilet and basin.
- Double patio doors lead from the main living area onto the outside deck which has been newly extended in Spring 2017.
- A barbeque stone or slab is provided, please bring your own disposable barbeque.
- Patio furniture and loungers are provided for outdoor dining and relaxation.
Key Information for your Stay
Lodge located at Kirkstone 17 and accessed by 5 steps and then all on the same ground floor level; Deck is fully enclosed, secure and gated to side; Parking immediately to the front of the lodge for 2 cars.
Free wifi also available. For more information about all facilities at Limefitt Park and a map of the lodge location please click here.
A travel cot (can be hired) will only fit in the double bedroom.
Joined Lake District Lodge Holidays: December 2016
Amazing lodge will definitely be coming back next year - beautiful place to stay and very peacefull and calm
Review date: 07th September 2018
Excellent lodge, had everything you needed. Immaculate inside and outside. Gorgeous location. Could have stayed there for longer.
Review date: 21st August 2018
A peaceful location, good facilities, lovely lodge and great area to visit. Lots of walks close by to access.
Review date: 11th August 2018
Perfect first family holiday
We welcomed our first child into the world back in March and wanted to find somewhere to stay that the three of us could enjoy. Helm Crag lodge and the experience we had with both Limefitt park and Lake District Holidays was amazing.
The lodge was clean and well furnished with some lovely home touches. The kitchen diner/living area was just perfect as open plan and meant our four month old could roll around and play safely whilst one of us cooked. The decking was nice for the cooler, later evenings, and though we didn't use it, the space for a BBQ was welcome.
The view that we did have was beautiful and we had such a relaxing time, that the TV only went on once, to watch 'Miss Potter' after a day at Hilltop, naturally!
It was well equipped and furnished with every possible item we might need. We both said how we wished we had booked for two weeks instead of just one!
Review date: 27th July 2018
Quality accommodation but some cleanliness concerns with the linen
The lodge was of a very high standard and was extremely well presented with quality fittings and furniture. It was very comfortable and in a lovely setting
The only downside was that the towels did not look totally clean as there were marks on some of them and they did not smell that fresh . We washed these immediately and they came up much better and cleaner
One of the single beds also had a crumpled bed sheet on the mattress and there were some sweet wrappers inside the bed - again we stripped this and washed it before we could use the bed. There were also sweet wrappers under one of the beds when we moved it out to wash the linen
Other than this we had no other issues and hope that this feedback will be useful as we wouldnt want this to become a bigger issue for you going forward
Review date: 30th March 2018
2nd trip to Limefitt over Halfterm
Another fantastic short break booked through Lake District Lodge Holidays, our 5th stay with them. Excellent service and we prefer to book Limefitt this way now rather than the park.
Lodge cleanliness and condition was great. Would fully recommend.Ideal for families looking to holiday in the Lakes.
Review date: 25th February 2018
Best Christmas !
We went away for Christmas this year , was the best yet so chilled and relaxed once there long drive but worth every mile. Lodge was amazing had everything could need , I actually came back with no washing which was nice as there was a machine there. The only negatives I have to say is the hoover was rubbish kept cutting out and didnt pick up well and wasnt much effort made with the Christmas decorations considering we had booked with 2 young kids . Was lovely , warm and cosy in the lodge and we also had a lot of snow why we was there which was in itself amazing and the kids loved it .
Review date: 08th January 2018
We have just returned from a mon-fri stay at Helm Cragg on Limefitt Park. Really enjoyed it, the lodge is perfect, clean and comfortable. It's very spacious and easily accommodated 4 adults and a youngster, who slept on our own blow up bed. Perfectly located on the site, we could actually see the pub! Very quiet site, no entertainment for the chn, other than special events the pub puts on, like a movie night under the stars - which was lovely! Pub does great food and adventure play area is great too. Lodge had everything you would want, so would definitely recommend a stay here.
Review date: 08th September 2017
August Bank Holiday Break
A short but relaxing break with the family. Lovely site and first rate, spacious lodge.Will gladly return in the future
Review date: 04th September 2017
See 4 more reviews for Helm Crag
Lovely clean and well equipped lodge. Ideal base to explore the Lake District. Plenty of attractions locally and 2 lovely pubs within walking distance that serve excellent food.
Review date: 16th June 2017
About Limefitt Park
Limefitt is one of the Lake District’s most stunningly situated holiday parks. Set in the beautiful Troutbeck Valley, it is some three miles north of Windermere on the Ullswater road in the direction of Kirkstone Pass. This superb location has beautiful views and direct access to the fells.
For more detailed information about Limefitt Park please Click here.